Monday 27 August 2007

Enter coin for more credit...

After a few (nice) days away, I have a welcome week off and will set about finishing off as much as I can of the cabinet.

For now, I've made the makeshift 'coin-door' - which is infact a strip of wood with 2 coin buttons added to it, the machine will not accept actual money, but this looks as close as the real thing!

Firstly, I drilled 2 holes using my new hole making drill bit.



Then simply connecting the coin buttons makes a nice authentic touch for the machine!


Cool eh?

I've about finalised my layout for the buttons and have decided to just have a black lid (where the controls sit on) and some smart silver detailing - should look very smart.

I'll update later in the week when the action kicks off!

Lastly, over the weekend, I visited some big arcades in the 'lovely' seaside town of Clacton-On-Sea, Essex. I was shocked to see that these places of fun I used to enjoy are now stocked floor to ceiling with fruit machines - I did not see one 'normal' stand up arcade cabinet like I am building now.

In total, in one arcade, there were 4 gimick machines - 2 driving, 1 shooting and Dance, Dance Revolution, and over the 2 levels of the building, the rest of the machines were fruit machines... amazing...

No comments: