Monday 9 July 2007

Good News, Bad News... Good News!


You may be able to guess from the title today, that there has been good and bad news!

We'll go chronologically and start with the good... the 'Project Arcade' book arrived. This thing is meant to be THE bible of Arcade Cabinet Building.

It looks pretty comprehensive too and on my first scan through, I can tell this is going to be invaluable in my quest.

Next the bad news... I placed my order with Screwfix direct yesterday for all the tools I will need for the project. Worryingly I did not receive a confirmation email from them and when I checked this morning, my order status was still 'Processing'... I phoned Screwfix who informed me for 'reasons unknown' my order had not been passed to the warehouse yesterday and despite paying for a 'Pre-12' delivery, my order was not coming out today.

That peed me off no end - I always seem to have problems with internet orders - sulked for half-an-hour, but stuck my ipod on high and got through a load of webdesign work.

I was due to work from home this afternoon as the wood material was due for delivery sometime in the afternoon. I was more than prepared for that just not to show up either, but around 2pm....

Success! Woodlines come through and 3 sheets of 8"x4" MDF and 5 lumps of 2x4 ("HOoooooooooo") arrive.

The MDF weighs a tonne and it hits me (not literally) how big this thing is going to be!

Still, I wasted no time in beginning the checking process...






"Yep, all seems to be ok here..."

(i literally havent a clue what I'm looking at!!!!)

Later on in the day, I receive a mail from Screwfix apologising for the f**k up and notifying me the tools are on their way!

And thats about all she wrote for today.

Hope you dont mind the more personal approach to this project...? Sure once I get cutting, sanding and soldering that I can post more exciting news on the design and construction and my pitiful efforts will be up for all to see!

I'm off for some rest before 'Big Tuesday'...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you dont have a clue what you are doing do you boreham, you need allan

Unknown said...

it can be frustrating when you place an order and are waiting on it, screwfix direct have never let me down though - although i did have to stay in one day all day to recieve my tools in the evening when i could have gone out in the morning!