Saturday 14 July 2007

Little bit of dust? Dust? Yeah, Dust?

Wow... what a day!

Against all my expectations, its gone very well today and I (with Claires fantastic help), have cut all the pieces out for the arcade cabinet.

To the right, are all the pieces required to assemble the body of the cabinet and build the control panel.

The two sides of the cabinet have come out really well and are shaped just as I want them. I modified the design in the book, reducing the depth of the cabinet by 10" to allow it to get in and out of my room easier - plus by adding a TFT monitor to the cab, it gives it a nice slim look (although the retro arcade purists will baulk at the look of a TFT screen!)

Anyway, considering before 1030am this morning, I have never operated a Circular Saw, Jigsaw, a workmate and hand clamps, then I've got to be pretty proud of how it has turned out!

Thanks again to Claire - couldnt have got through today without you helping out and putting up with my tantrums! x

Next up is ordering the Router piece on Monday and getting the edges of the cabinet routed (after squaring the matching pieces off) and then hopefully being ready to construct next weekend!

Finally, I promised a shout-out to my boss Sarah at work (JBS Webdesign, the premier webdesign company in the East Midlands!). Sarah braved the town center of Melton Mowbray to pick up my Saw and Router yesterday, (carrying them to the car bless her) to make today possible - thanks again Sarah!

I am absolutely f**ked now though, so just having a cold bottle of Budweiser as I write this, then I'm gonna relax with some Pro Evo!

But I'll just leave you with a better view of the sides of the cab...

No comments: