Saturday 21 July 2007

Make mine a smoothy...

What a miserable wet day! Due to the lost time in the week due to the weather, I was eager to have a good weekend - but it rained on and off for 99% of the day.

In the small windows of opportunity I did manage to grasp (in between doing 'real work' of webdesign and trips to B&Q) when the rain ceased, I busted out a new tool - the Palm Sander!

This genius little device was the last piece of my arsenal in the assault on cabinet hill (christ that sounds mental!). Anyway, I used the sander to finish off all the pieces and match up any symetrical parts that were not quite exact. Nice tool and again, for about £7.00, shows you dont have to go out and spend loads on tools.

So, with all the bits ready to go, I was about to take the plunge and start putting it all together. Aided by my trusty assistant Claire, we set about lining the pieces up, drilling and screwing together as much as we could.






It turned out to be fairly straight forward and though pieces may be a 1/16th of an inch out here and there, on the whole, I'm very please with how the pieces of the cab are working out.

We had to call a halt to todays proceedings though as I was starving and we also need to cut some scrap wood. Hopefully if the weather improves tomorrow, I can finish the building, take it all apart again, router the edges and prepare for painting! Pretty easy...

Stay tuned for more fun soon!

2 comments:

nightmare03 said...

I found your blog through arcadecontrols.com forums!

Looking good, fantastic work since you say you have no experience with the tools!

Keep the updates coming =)

Paul Boreham said...

Thanks nightmare!